Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Yoga: The magic pill

Dining halls can be exhaustively frustrating-let me just say that.  Breakfast was a large disappointment.  There was no omelet bar, no cheese, no yogurt and a VERY limited fruit selection and of yeah-no coffee! Tragic *cue pathetic music*.  I ended up with a small bowl of cantaloupe, some egg whites with salt and pepper and potatoes.  That clearly wasn't solid fuel so I also devoured an unpictured English Muffin with some peanut butter.  On my way to the library I stopped by our campus PJ's coffee (kind of like the Starbucks of New Orleans) and filled up a thermos with that good 'ol caffeine.  I know, I know, coffee is not always the greatest but I love the taste and it's a nice pick me up some mornings-what can I say, I live life on the edge!
Library time was enjoyed doing last minute homework and studying for my last midterm (!!!). While I was there I snacked on a peanut butter Kashi granola bar for some brain fuel (that's how that works right?). Healthy granola bars are a great dorm staple!
In between classes I headed back to my room to enjoy a really awesome thing called Go Picnic which are basically healthy lunchables for adults that use only wholesome ingredients without all those weird ingredients.  My Mom has been great about sticking these in care-packages for me and they're yummy and super handy.  Today I had the Black Bean dip version for the first time and I think I'm a fan :)
I gave the dark chocolate to my roommate and she gave me this little cookie from a care package her Mom had sent her. I love owls and this one's so adorable that I almost didn't want to eat it! It was delicious though so...I didn't feel bad for too long.
Work,work, work all the long day with a quick break for some bananas, pretzels and White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter.  So good! I'm almost out of peanut butter it's a tragedy-I'm so sad. Why can't more peanut butter just appear when you're almost out? There's an idea right?

My back has still been bothering me and I almost didn't work out again because of it but I decided that some yoga sounded really good today.  I used a beginner's DVD that I had and did a quick 30 minutes in my room.  It wasn't really a workout per se but it felt great, my back even feels better! I love yoga-it has been way too long I need to get back into classes or at least get a more useful DVD! The peanut butter left me pretty full so I just had a bowl of oatmeal in my room for dinner.  One packet of multigrain raisin oatmeal, golden raisins, honey and some pumpkin pie spice all mixed together in my fancy china.  Sadly this was all that was left when I realized that I had forgotten to snap a picture.  Oh well, you get the idea...:)
I had a meeting with this really awesome new organization on campus and as a "snack" a girl brought milk and petit fours.  So fancy and cute of course I had to try one! I enjoyed half a glass of 1% milk with it as well-such a perfect little treat.
Did anyone else watch the presidential election?  I just love how sassy both candidates have gotten in this election.  Politics is the best form of entertainment by far.  Gotta love A'murica ;)
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment